Saturday 26 January 2008

Saturday practice ok so far.......

So today's practice went ok...... I had highs and lows as expected, following the path of last weeks 100 bird shooting competition. I still struggled with some..... the Grouse from the sleepers is not a favourite of mine and will soon be added to my shit list if I don't soon sort it out!

The low quartering birds into the banks were tricky as per last week, but then I got 7/8 on the tower left to right....... pleased as punch. I then got 7/8 on the rabbit pair again.... pleased with that.

The top stand in the embankment is still trouble though..... the going away bird curling left as it climbs is just like the second bird at the top tower last week and is definitely on my shit list!

I finished in the "Bay of pigs" with a sporting compac..... unbelievable 21/25....... and I screwed a pair in the 4th stand that I still can't believe I screwed up.......... still very impressed so far.... roll on the comp at thr Grange tomorrow...... I have been told to expect a score in the 40's so I am prepared to be realistic about my chances........

I shoot at Sporting Targets Corporate Entertainment and Clay Pigeon Shooting ground in Bedfordshire.

No comments: