Tuesday 15 January 2008

Accessories.... or toys!!

Today my new shooting shades arrived. I decided against the latest craze which seems to be for "Hi Def Spex" as worn by George Digweed the most successful shot for over a decade. I decided instead to go old school and opt for some Oakley M frames. My thinking was that I wear dark lenses most of the time outdoors anyway, so in anything but the darkest of days I would need something more than the yellow lens in the Hi def spex. I have three lenses with my oakleys, a blue looking dark tint G26 which strangely looks orangey red when worn, an orange lens which has a name too but I forget and a clear lens. I thing that will get little use but I have it as an option if required.

The reason for this purchase was purely practical, I was shooting a few weeks ago at dusk on an overcast day and had a problem picking out the clays. Andy, Owner of Sporting Targets where I was shooting lent me his oranged lensed Oakleys and I could then pick out the clays much easier. The orange lens makes the clay pop out from its background and hence is easier to find, follow and ultimately hit.

I am working on the practical theory that if I am going to spend lots of money shooting then wasting some of it trying to hit clays I can't see is pointless...... purchase justified!!

I will be using them in anger for practice n Saturday and possibly in my first competition on Sunday.

No comments: