Monday 26 May 2008

Sporting Targets 100 Bird Competition

It is a wet and windy bank holiday monday morning, Sporting Targets have their monthly
Clay Pigeon Shooting competition on today and the weather is just like you might expect a week before June in the UK!

Some time ago I set myself the target of shooting over 70 / 100 on a registered shoot before my birthday. Sadly I have yet to achieve this feat, the best I have done is a 64 in Oxford, and a 59 last week at Kibworth. I was given a 66 at Grange Farm, but that was a counting error to which I have set them straight....... surrendering =3rd place prize money in the process!

I now have only a couple of weeks left to hit my target and I will be away for the first week in June so it is looking increasingly unlikely. I am going to count up to the next Sporting Targets
shoot which is just after my birthday, but I still seem to be lacking the requisite skills to hit a 70.

I am hoping for at least a mid 60's round today, if I 2nd barrel the first bird if required it should up my score a bit so that is one tactic I will employ.

No comments: