Sunday 11 May 2008

100 registered Comp at Grange Farm

On a beautiful morning I shot an ok round at the grange. I shot on my own which was interesting as I had to shoot first at most stands. John Taylor came round with me but was only have a 50 bird practice as he went as he was n his way to the English open for a possible shoot off for 2nd in A class. As it turned out his 88 was good enough to retain 2nd place, so congrats to him for that... his personal best in the countries biggest competition... you can't ask for more.

On Johnnys advice..... or because he wanted to be finished asap, we went anti clockwise around the course. This meant that I started as badly as I normally finish! I had a shocking start with 2/6 2/8 3/6 as my first three stands..... thankfully i then hit 6/6 which refucussed my attention on what was important. I still struggled a lot on what I thought was a tough shoot with lots of stuff that I wasn't happy with. I did straight another stand towards the end, then got 5/6 which was sloppy as it should have been straighted too, then 8/8 which did pick up my score. I think I am making progress as it was a tricky shoot, I tend to suffer on stands when I go first which today was most of them and still added 5 to my previous best round there. I went there hoping to be in the 60's so was initially disappointed, but on reflection I think I did ok.

My target of a 70's score by my birthday in 5 weeks is looking distant, but thats what targets are for.

No comments: