Thursday 1 May 2008

Practice....

I spent Wednesday evening clay pigeon shooting in the rain. I work on the theory that when I am booked into a competition I will have to shoot whatever the conditions so the more I practice and get used to wind, rain and low sun the happier I will be!

I started off practicing my two nemesis birds in the quarry at the top of the range. First the right left crosser that runs along the top of the bank, followed by the left right quartering away bird that has elluded me on such a regular basis. I found that by throwing 50+ shells at them, it is better for me to attack them both and shoot them earlier than I have been doing. My hit rate was higher than when I was hanging on them.

I am still missing too many of the quartering birds, especially as report pairs, something to keep working on I think.

No comments: