Saturday 10 May 2008

Facing my nemesis.....

I have this long standing issue with rising curling quartering clays. I have been practicing the ones I can at Sporting Targets, but these clays seem to be the ones that make clay pigeon shooting the challenging sport that it is.

I think however that I might have had a breakthrough as I believe my problem is as follows;

By the time I have tracked the clay, decided where it is going and allowed for lead etc I am quite late on it. Because the clay is traveling first up and to the right then curling down to the left it seems to me that the reason that I miss it so often is because I hang on it, but don't allow for its change in direction. I got on better when I took it on early as it didn't have time to move from the tradjectory that I had predicted for it.

I shall continue practicing and keep you posted. I hit another 22 on skeet using 24gm steel cartridges........ ther is nothing wrong with using steel at all. Randall was hitting my nemesis quartering bird with steel too.... which irked me slightly!

No comments: