Wednesday 28 May 2008

Bank Holiday Monday 100 Bird Competition

I am getting frighteningly close to achieving my goal of a 70 by the middle of June. On what was a wet and windy Monday I hit 65 which put me 3rd equal in the Sporting Targets shoot for which i picked up my first ever prize money.

It was very satisfying to see some improvement in my shooting, although I am kicking myself a bit as I was careless with my concentration a couple of times and dropped birds as a consequence. If I had only applied myself and not allowed distractions to affect me then I would have had a great competition. I am allowing myself the next Sporting Targets shoot to achieve my goal which will be on the third Sunday of June.

The problem with winning prize money is that I took it straight into the Gun Shop and spent it on essentials!

No comments: