Sunday 3 February 2008

Saturday Practice

It all went ok yesterday. I structured my shooting practice so that I shot 25 skeet first which was ok as I scored 16/25. While this isn't a brilliant score it was only the second time I have shot skeet properly so I was happy enough. We then went into the 122 and shot a round of compac. Considering that only a few months ago I had a dislike for the 122 in its entirity I shot 17 which while being 4 off my best is still ok I think.

I spent the day trying to concentrate on a couple of areas of my shooting. Firstly I paid attention to my gun mount as I have recently shown a tendency to shoot "over" targets. By making sure that I am mounting the gun correctly I should cure that problem and then be looking down the rib of the gun rather than down onto the rib as I think may have happened at times in the past.

The other area that I tried to improve was the speed of my shooting. I have a tendency to hang on a clay until it is dropping and shoot it late. I am determined to get in the habit of shooting clays earlier so that they are still under power. It is a skill that I need in my armoury and it is missing currently.

We then shot a second sporting compac in the Basin.

I shoot at Sporting Targets Corporate Entertainment and Clay Pigeon Shooting ground in Bedfordshire.

No comments: