Wednesday 9 July 2008

Sporting Targets High Tower Challenge Part Two

I must be a glutton for punishment, either that or I don't know when to walk away? The Summer High Tower challenge at Sporting Targets is one of the hardest clay pigeon shooting competitions there is. Last time I scored 22/50 twice but felt that with a little application that I could get 26 or 27.

It turns out I was wrong! This time I scored 22/50 backed up with a truly woeful 19/50. I would like to tell you that the second score was as a result of my trying something new in order to improve and it not working out, but in truth I just missed more!

It is a really taxing competition because it mixes targets at different ranges, you have a first bird at 65 yds with a 15yd high speed crosser on report. These second birds always seem to attract too much lead.... well.... in my case they do!

I am still convinced that I can get a high 20's score, probably just need 10 or 15 more goes at it!

No comments: