Monday 21 July 2008

100 registered Competition at Sporting Targets

Sunday the 20th saw July's 100 bird registered Clay Shooting competition. It proved to be a tricky shoot with many challenging stands. It was dry, sunny but with a gusty breeze so it offered some clays that skipped and jumped just when you didn't want them to.

I managed to scrape a 60/100 which I was disappointed with. I dropped lots of what I consider to be easy targets. Whether that was due to concentration issues or me refining my gun mount which is still proving troublesome. On the up side at least the gun didn't kick the shit out of my cheek so things are improving once more. I did find that sometimes my gun mount costs me and I almost know before I shoot that I will miss as the mount feels wrong.

I will keep practicing to see if I can be more consistent.

No comments: