Monday 10 December 2007

Clay Pigeon Shooting as a Newbie

Turning forty requires some tough decisions, do you resolve to get fit and do some much needed exercise, or give up and except that some bodies are meant to be this shape! Do you set out on a new quest to discover something new, achieve something you previously thought was beyond you or do you sit where you are and stagnate? I chose the former, and for reveral reasons. For the ten years prior to 2005 I spent every weekend and on occasion some weekdays too Kart racing. I had a modicum of success but reached the point in time where it became too exhausting to continue to do it at a top level. It is I think a young mans game that rewards youth and good health in equal measure.

Since then I have thrown myself headlong into my Search Engine Optimization business. I have missed the competition, the challenge and the mental efforts that I used to enjoy racing, so I have been looking for a new pastime. It is remarkable that this has taken me so long, considering the circumstances, but I have taken up clay pigeon shooting. The reason I say it is remarkable is that firstly my best mate owns what I believe is considered to be one of the best clay pigeon shooting grounds in the UK. Because of this I have spent many evenings listening to discussions about constant lead, crossers, towers, driven birds, chokes, butts, over and unders etc.... without really knowing what was going on...... well now I was going to find out.

No comments: