Monday 18 August 2008

Sporting Targets 100 Bird Registered Competition August

I was certain that I could pull out a personal best and, inspired by the olympics shoot a 70+ for the first time.

How wrong can you be?? The Sporting targets clay pigeon shoot was harder than anything I have shot recently. Having said that, I excelled myself on a couple of stands that I was not expecting to do well on, and I did feel I had improved a lot over where I was a few months ago.

I ended up with a 52.... my worst score for ages, and almost my lowest ever! I only really had one nightmare stand, which was a simo pair driven off the tower. The stand was set behind a tree so you only had limited time to aquire both targets...... not enough time as it transpires! I hit 1/8 which at least negated blanking the stand. I seemed to just drop one or two more than I should on each stand which was frustrating.

I will get my 70 on the next one.

No comments: