Sunday 2 March 2008

less windy today, but still not great...

So as I had hoped the wind had dropped a little by this morning so Randall and I headed off for a mornings shooting at Sporting Targets.

We set off to do 2 rounds of sporting and two rounds of skeet. The first round of sporting compac ws in the basin. You could tell that we were a little rusty, I shot a 14 as did Randall. It was only half way through when Fletch my instructor appeared that I seemed to focus properly and concentrate like I need to.

We headed up to the skeet and after a short wait had round one. Concidering how gusty it was on top of the hill we did ok, I shot a 16 first round which sounds rubbish, but I was trying to kill birds early so I was pleased with some of my shots. Randall scored 17.

Our second round was fairly similar to the first, I scored 15 and Randall 16, which I should be disappointed with, but it was gusty and we had some unpredictable clays to shoot so it was not as bad as it seems.

Our last round of sporting compac was in the bay of bastards which continues to be kind to me. I was attacked by the teal clay in the wind which I missed as it came towards me, it passed through the stand I was in, brushing past me as it went........ I honestly thought it was going to hit me so I had lots of incentive to kill it..... and still missed!

The rest of the round was good for me and shocking for Randall....... I scored 17 and Randall about 10.... he stopped counting after having a mare on stand three. I still favour shooting the teal on the drop and have a great hit rate, but can't hit it on the way up. Something to work on.

I think we both suffered from our two week break and we now need to catch up.

No comments: